Food sensitivities and food allergies are a growing problem. These food sensitivities are impacting the brains of children and adults. Research shows the most common food sensitivities are: gluten, dairy, corn, sugar and artificial sweeteners. These foods are negatively impacting brain health everywhere.
Case Study: Lupus
Author: Diane Vich
Key words: Lupus, Brain Fog, Chronic Pain, Inflammation & Bloating
Vera Boss is a mom of four. She has been suffering from chronic pain, digestive issues and brain fog for many years now. She is frustrated with western medicine because none of the treatments and medications have helped her. She has seen a vicious cycle of new prescriptions and side effects. Her symptoms progressively got worse after each child. Her youngest is now 1 year old and she is so exhausted she just feels like she is not able to keep up with her. Her digestive issues and bloating have become severe and now it happens 3-5 times a week. Her headaches are also getting worse. She is desperate to find a natural alternative.
Vera is looking for alternative treatments. She has noticed her health has progressively gotten worse after each child. She wants to be there for her family and enjoy her life. It is important to her that she regain her energy and feel better. She was diagnosed with Lupus 6 months ago. She has chronic pain throughout her body. The symptoms that are really bothering her the worst are the bloating, inflammation and stomach pains. She has headaches 5 times a week and they last the entire day, sometimes more. Her joint pains are 10/10. She reports her bloating makes her look pregnant and its very painful (8/10). She is exhausted every day and needs coffee to stay awake. She sometimes drinks 5 glasses of coffee and feels it doesn’t even work very well. She often needs naps in the afternoon before she can cook dinner and play with the kids.
- Lupus is an autoimmune disorder where the body begins to fight itself. Lupus like a multitude of conditions is caused by oxidative stress and inflammation. Some symptoms are fatigue, chronic pain, headaches, memory issues and joint pain.
- Chronic Pain is caused by inflammation of the tissue causing tenderness and discomfort. In people with chronic pain the pain accumulates over time and the level of pain gets worse.
- Supplementation/Dosage: (2) Nrf2, (2) Nrf1, Omega, essential oils, Brain food supplement and (3) Probiotic. Essential oils for pain and digestion.
- Diet: High in low-sugar fruits, gluten free, high in green vegetables, beans, organ meats, bison, fish, shrimp, eggs and turkey (rare carbohydrate like cereal, cakes and dessert). No sugar or iodized salt. No inflammatory vegetables or fruits. No processed foods. Sea salt and spices to taste.
- Coaching: Recommended for 4-6 months to help with symptoms management.
- Motivation Statement: I speak up for myself freely and easily. I claim my own power and advocate for myself. I love myself. I am free and safe to be the person I want to be.
A multitude of diseases (200+) are linked to oxidative stress and inflammation. Oxidative stress is an imbalance between antioxidants and Free radicals. Patients with weight gain and inability to lose weight have high levels of free radicals in the body. They cause damage to the body on a daily basis. The body has poor capability of creating antioxidants like glutathione, catalase and SOD. These antioxidants are the only way to fight free radicals, so as they decline illness, disease and decline progressively continues through life. By enabling the body to produce antioxidants and remove toxins, they client will reduce inflammation, bloating and fat build up to promote weight loss. Lupus, digestive issues and chronic pain are all impacted by the increased inflammation throughout the body. It is essential to provide the body with nutrients that will help it fight back on a daily basis.
1 month: Vera has started the detox and supplementation plan. She is enjoying the detox soup and meal plan, specially because it has stopped the bloat. She is also happy she lost 8 pounds, her goal was to feel healthier and the weight loss makes her happy. She noticed that her headaches and joint pains were worse during first 2 weeks of detox. She reached out for some coaching to relieve her symptoms. She knew the pain and symptoms were expected and she was glad that she had a support system to help her manage them.
- Coaching Session: Vera reached out to have a tension buster session to help target her pain sites. She chose to have the session at her pool to start incorporating some gentle activities several times a week. This was important to her because she want to be able to enjoy fun activities with the kids without feeling exhausted and in pain. She noticed she felt relief and better circulation after her pool session. She committed to perform these activities at lest 4 days a week. She also enjoyed the essential oils and simple stretching to relieve her pain.
- Coaching Session : Elimination plan: Vera experienced some digestive issues, body pains and headaches on the cheat days, she asked the coach for some digestion relief suggestions. The coach added an elimination plan to determine her food sensitivities. She was able to identify her sensitivity “white rice and gluten free bread.” Her symptoms improved and she realized the importance of keeping track of her diet to identify food triggers. She was happy that she had the essential oils and natural remedies to help her if new symptoms arouse.
2 month: Vera is happy with her progress. She has avoided her food sensitivities and has seen big differences in her symptoms. She happily lost another 5 pounds. She contacted her coach 2 times during the last month to get support with food sensitivities, she identified two new foods “corn and apples”. She felt confident that she had the tools to deal with her symptoms and knew the coach was there to support her.
- Coaching Session: Vera was very happy with her progress, her pain was 6/10 and improving every day. She realized the stretching and exercise helped improve her pain significantly. After her afternoon stretch routine her pain was 4/10. She started using the exercise 5 times a week. Elimination plan: She is glad she has essential oils and natural remedies that she can keep with her all the time. Through her food trigger journal and coaching she was able to identify several foods to avoid. She realized it was important to track her symptoms. She plans on signing up for 4 months of coaching to help her to continue to monitor her food sensitivities and expand her diet plan further.
4 months: (After 4 months of coaching)
- Coaching Session: Vera successfully incorporated all the strategies for an additional 4 months coaching. She felt like a new woman. She had lost a total of 20 pounds. Her energy and memory was better. She used the brain food supplement much less now. She felt energetic and ready for anything every day. Her pain was 3/10 and relieved with exercise and stretching. She started to incorporate stretching into her daily routine and noticed big changes. After stretching and hydration her pain decreased to 1/10. She started to use 10 minutes stretches twice a day. Her headaches were almost gone, she only had a few a month. She noticed the headaches usually came with her food sensitivities and loved using the essential oils to stop the pain. Elimination plan: She continued her food journal to monitor food sensitivities. She identified several additional food triggers. She is thankful she learned to identify and treat her food sensitivities naturally. The elimination pain helped reduce her joint pains, digestive issues and headaches. She finally felt like she was able to be an active mom with her kids. She was happy that she had learned how to take care of herself.
Case Study: Weight Loss
Author: Diane Vich
Key words: Weight loss, Inflammation & Bloating
Lourdes Mogal is a mom of two. She has tried countless diets and her weight will not come off. She has a big vacation coming up and would like to shed some weight before the trip. She is frustrated that diets are not working for her. She also has some digestive issues and bloating with certain foods. She is motivated and ready to start her plan right away, the clock is ticking.
Lourdes does not have time to incorporate exercise yet but really wants to establish a healthier eating plan. She wants to lose 15-20 pounds in the next 2 months. She is highly motivated and ready to start her detox plan.
- Weight gain and inability to lose weight is caused by oxidative stress, inflammation, cortisol levels and insulin resistance in the body, impacting the body’s ability to burn fat lose weight. The treatment plan will provide a diet that will enable to diet to reduce sugar and inflammation build up, promote detox, remove fluid buildup in lymphatic system and promote weight loss.
- Supplementation/Dosage: (2) Nrf2, (2) fat burners twice a day, essential oils and (3) Probiotic.
- Diet: High in low sugar fruits, gluten free, high in green vegetables, beans, organ meats, bison, fish, shrimp, eggs and turkey (rare carbohydrate like cereal, cakes and dessert). No sugar or iodized salt. No inflammatory vegetables or fruits. No processed foods. Sea salt and spices to taste.
Coaching: 2 months of coaching recommended
- Motivation statement: My thinking is peaceful, calm and centered. I am ready to take on the obstacles before me.
A multitude of diseases (200+) are linked to oxidative stress and inflammation. Oxidative stress is an imbalance between antioxidants and Free radicals. Patients with weight gain and inability to lose weight have high levels of free radicals in the body. They cause damage to the body on a daily basis. The body has poor capability of creating antioxidants like glutathione, catalase and SOD. These antioxidants are the only way to fight free radicals, so as they decline illness, disease and decline progressively continues through life. By enabling the body to produce antioxidants and remove toxins, they client will reduce inflammation, bloating and fat build up to promote weight loss.
1 month: Lourdes has started the detox plan. She is enjoying the detox soup and meals. She is motivated to lose weight for her trip. She noticed that she experienced some bloating after a few meals. She reached out for some coaching to relieve her symptoms.
- Coaching Session: Lourdes health goal is to lose weight for her trip. This will improve her ability to feel better about herself and be happy in her own skin. This was desperately important to her because she has been sad and depressed that she has not been able to lose weight. All of these things were important to her because she will be happier, and motivated to enjoy her life. She decided the diet and treatment plan is going to help her achieve her goals. Elimination plan: After her digestive issues, she asked the coach for some digestion relief suggestions. The coach added essential oils for digestion and an elimination plan to determine her food sensitivities. She was able to identify “tomato and black pepper sensitivity.” Her symptoms improved and she realized the importance of keeping these ingredients out of her meals. She was happy that she had the essential oils and tips to help her if new problems arouse. Craving support: She will continue to call in weekly for support and to deal with temptations and cravings. She knows that she has trouble dealing with temptation at parties and asked her coach if she could reach out during these times for a little motivation.
2 month: Lourdes was so motivated to the plan that she did not even use any of her cheat days. She did not want to eat any carbs because she really wanted to reach her goal quickly. She contacted her coach 3 times during the last month to get support during times of temptation and some food sensitivities. She felt confident that she had the tools to deal with her temptations and she kept on the diet even at parties. She lost 20 pounds.
- Coaching Session: Lourdes was happy with her progress. She did realize the support was important and wanted to continue with a Maintenance plan after her vacation. Elimination plan: She is glad she has essential oils and natural remedies that she can keep with her all the time. Through her food trigger journal and coaching she was able to identify some additional foods to avoid. She realized raspberries and mixed fancy green salad caused her symptoms. She plans on signing up for 6 months of coaching to help her incorporate some paleo recipes in her routine, to keep her satisfied and meet her desire for some desserts. She signed up for some shopping, easy workout sessions and cooking lessons. Lourdes really wanted to learn to make healthier desserts and snacks, in order to maintain her weight loss.
6 months: (After 6 months of coaching)
- Coaching Session: Lourdes successfully incorporated all the strategies for the 6 months of her coaching. She felt energized and happy. Elimination plan: She continued her food journal to monitor food sensitivities. She identified two more triggers during her maintenance plan. She identified apples and watermelons were trigger foods. She is glad that she has the tools to identify, treat and deal with her food sensitivities. She was able to participate in yoga and exercise regularly. She truly enjoyed the quick exercise tips because she was able to do them wherever she was to ensure she was active. She loved the shopping session because she truly understood how to read food labels, buy foods that were right for her body and eat for her blood type. The cooking lessons helped her learn the benefits of using a variety of herbs to enhance food flavors and enjoy her healthy eating habits. Lourdes felt excited and ready for new challenges. She maintained her weight loss and successfully incorporated all the strategies she learned for the 6 months.
Case Study: Fibromyalgia
Author: Diane Vich
Key words: Chronic Pain, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Anxiety
Betty Boop has suffered from chronic pain since childhood. She developed juvenile arthritis at a very young age. She was lonely as a child and enjoyed spending time with adults because there were no other kids around. She was very creative and adventurous by creating her own friend that took adventures with her. She remembered naps part of her regular routine for her since childhood. Her mom was not very nurturing or kind, likely because she was suffering from the same ailments as her daughter. This made Betty sad and often spent time alone. Betty learned to cook as a child with her grandmother and loved food. She grew to be an adult with chronic pain, anxiety, depression and arthritis. Her favorite past time was cooking meals for her family, sleep, family time and painting. She progressed in her illness to a point that the pain was unbearable and impacting her daily life. She was extremely tired every day and could sleep most of the day. She had trouble walking around alone. She often fell and was not able to stand up alone. Her chronic body pain was intense and numbness was developing in her hands and feet. She could no longer deal with the pain and symptoms. She had gone to countless Specialists and Doctors without any relief. She finally decided, it was time for Holistic treatments and diet changes. She remembered her grandmother used to use natural remedies to help her as a child. It couldn’t hurt to try something new. Western medicine had definitely failed her, it was time to find HOPE, somewhere…
Betty suffers from a variety of medical conditions. She takes medications for cholesterol, depression, nerve-damage, thyroid, blood pressure and pain. She has pain every day in her back, legs, arms, hands and feet. She often gets treatments like injections and nerve blocks to help with the pain. She is progressively losing her balance and stability. She had difficulty walking and going up the steps. The bones of her knees are severely damaged and need repair in the future. She want to regain her strength, lose weight, energy and regain her life. It is important for her to be able to spend time with the family and participate in activities. Her pain in 10/10. Her muscles are in spasm with bursitis and tender areas throughout her body. She had also gained 50 pounds over the last 6 months which has made everything worse.
- Juvenile arthritis is caused by oxidative stress. The symptoms are pain, swelling, limping, joint stiffness, fatigue and irritability. Which progress rapidly through life and.
- Chronic Pain is caused by inflammation of the tissue causing tenderness and discomfort. In people with chronic pain the pain accumulates over time and the level of pain gets worse.
- Fibromyalgia is chronic pain and chronic fatigue among other symptoms. It involves inflammation and pain throughout the body.
- Depression and Anxiety caused by oxidative stress and inflammation in the body, impacting the neurotransmitters and enzymes that support mood.
- Physician to wean her of Rx medications as symptoms after 3 month detox
- Supplementation/Dosage: (1) Nrf1, (2) Nrf2, (3) Omega, (1) vitamin D, (1) B vitamins and (3) Probiotic. Essential oils for chronic pain, mood and anxiety.
- Diet: High in low sugar fruits, gluten free, high in green vegetables, beans, organ meats, bison, fish, shrimp, eggs and turkey (rare carbohydrate like cereal, cakes and dessert). No sugar or iodized salt. No inflammatory vegetables or fruits. No precessed foods. Sea salt and spices to taste.
- Coaching: 3 months of coaching recommended
- Motivational Statement: I am willing to change and grow. I am creating a safe and new future for me.
A multitude of diseases (200+) are linked to oxidative stress and inflammation. Oxidative stress is an imbalance between antioxidants and Free radicals. Patients with chronic pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, depression and anxiety have high levels of free radicals in the body. They cause damage to the body on a daily basis. The body has poor capability of creating antioxidants like glutathione, catalase and SOD. These antioxidants are the only way to fight free radicals, so as they decline illness, disease and decline progressively continues through life.
1 month: Betty reports she has more energy. Is able to stay awake longer and not require a nap in the afternoon. Her movement is a little better. Pain 7/10 She is happy with the progress but a little bored of the diet. She had lost 8 pounds.
- Coaching Session: Betty realized that her health goal was to reduce her pain and mobility. This will improve her ability to be with the family and enjoy playtime with her grandkids. This was desperately important to her because she missed teaching and loved being around children. All of these things were important to her because they made her happy and she wanted to enjoy her life. She decided the diet was an important part of her healing and she needed to stick to it.
3 months: Betty made a few diet mistakes but was able to stick to it most of the time. She noticed she felt worse after eating processed foods and gluten products. She needed several coaching sessions to learn how to deal with her pain flare ups. She incorporate the essential oils, stretching routine and treatments. She was happy the coach was available during her first pain crisis to give her strategies to help with the symptoms. The coaching made her much more confident about her symptoms and ways to relieve them. She had lost 20 pounds.
- Coaching Session 1: Betty realized that her pain was worse and she had a headache. Her pain was 8/10. She called the coach for a face to face coaching session. The coach was able to teach her strategies to target her muscles to promote relaxation and pain relief. She taught her strategies for each of her pain areas, incorporating essential oils and the pain was relieved by the end of the session. She instructed her to continue using the treatments, oils and stretches daily for 3 more days. Before the session ended the coach reviewed Betty’s health goal: to reduce her pain and mobility. Betty felt confident and happy at the end of the session. She knew that the coach was there to help her. She knew the treatments were helping and she really needed to stick to the diet this time. She realized she needed to stick to the treatments, supplements and diet for this to work. She was motivated and ready.
- Coaching Session 2: Betty successfully incorporated all the strategies for the last month of her treatment and finally felt better. She realized it was good to incorporate the essential oils and treatments to help her with her symptoms. The support really helped her through the month. Her pain and numbness had improved. Pain 5/10 but relieved with treatments or exercise. She was highly motivated and eager to keep this healing process. She wanted to reduce her pain and improve her mobility further. She was dedicated to continuing this coaching for another 6 months to see the possibilities. She finally felt hope that she was going to be able to enjoy life again.
6 months: (After 6 months of coaching)
- Coaching Session 3: Betty successfully incorporated all the strategies for the 6 months of her treatment. She felt energized, free of pain and happy. She was able to participate in yoga and exercise regularly. She was painting again and spending time playing with the grandchildren. Her pain was 3/10 daily, relieved by her treatment regimen and essential oils. She used her oils daily and loved the benefits she experiences. She was finally able to enjoy life again. She was ready to take on new adventures and help her friends regain their lives again too. She had also stopped a bunch of her medications with her Physician. She only was taking her thyroid medication. She lost a total of 48 pounds.
What is a clean slate? It’s is a fresh start to finding your younger self. It’s trapped inside you waiting to emerge again. My health crisis has me feeling exhausted, fatigued and filled with pain. Through holistic healing I found so many possibilities. These are all new feeling and accomplishments for me:
- The love for nature and appreciation of the little moments with family.
- The drive and motivation to accomplish more and maintain health.
- The knowledge that you deserve to care for your health too.
- The feeling of accomplishment and happiness after a long stress filled day.
- The ability to care for everyone you love and yourself at the same time.
- Accomplishing your hope for a better way to feel and live.
- Energy and motivation to jump out of bed and seize the day.
- The freedom of pain to accomplish fitness in ways you never thought was possible.
- Flexibility to improve the circulation of your entire body.
- Savoring the healthy nutrient-rich foods you eat while your body reaps the benefits.
- The relief that your children don’t have to worry about you being sick or caring for you through a health crisis.
- Love for life and enjoying the beauty around you
- Reconnecting with your loved one and igniting the fire for passion.
These are only a few of the changes I made when I took a leap for a Clean Slate. The possibilities are endless. You can achieve more than you think. Let me help you BELIEVE!
There are plenty of foods and nutrients around us. These powerful foods and compounds directly impact the health of children at a genetic level. I know, I thought it was impossible too, I’m a nurse, we are skeptical by nature. It took me 5 months of suffering before I gave in. What was I waiting for? I was living in severe pain and constant exhaustion daily. Even though I had started eating tons more fruits and veggies than before, but there was not much difference in my health. Food, just was not enough, my body was aging every second! As, I look back at my symptoms and those of my mom, I truly see my aging and disease process. All my health issues started in my childhood and poor diet filled with junk food was the reason. My mom’s recent surgery and severe symptoms that reemerged reminded me of all the health issues I had during my childhood. (See My Mom for story) Reflection helped me realize the severity of my illness since childhood. I had stomach pain, constipation, migraines, chronic arm pain during my childhood. It progressed and worsened throughout my life until 2017 when I truly made a change to impact my genes. I was in constant BRAIN FOG, every single day. I wrote notes but couldn’t focus enough to prioritize my 2 jobs. I’m a registered nurse by day and holistic health coach by night. (My day job – teaching parents about viral illness, medications and follow up). By NIGHT advocating for true health prevention for children. I would have given anything, SHIT everything, if I would have known about this in 2005, when it was first on ABC Primetime. Before you, watch this video, remember the secret to success is having a Health Coach to support and guide the detox process. Schedule your FREE Consultation. The symptoms of detox are specific to your genetic predispositions. Let me guide you, as I lived the process. (See Detox Process- coming soon) These products should not be purchased on Amazon because you need someone to explain the benefits, detox symptoms and provide support. I provide support through the process as your Holistic Health Coach. Help you find natural alternatives to your child’s growing pains, cough, anxiety, attention, or whatever symptom. (See How I lived as a child-chronic pain, anxiety, IBS, learning disability, severe cramps and migraines). I lived each of these symptoms. I have been helping my children and teaching them about their health, diet, nutrition, my health, etc. They know all my allergies, what happens. They could order my food for me, which is not easy, “Diane Friendly” (see Diane Friendly- coming soon). My nutritionist partner Maria Del Carmen Gonzalez-Gil with my team. We work to create a diet and wellness plan that is right for you or your child. Your blood type, food preferences and nutritional needs. We teach you about nutrition, supplementation and strategies to truly impact your genes for a healthier you. We help you create realistic and achievable goals for success. We empower you to achieve YOUR Wellness. We empower you to teach your children the importance of wellness and it’s impact on their future. What do you have to lose? The consultation is FREE.
Have you heard the saying, “If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” Let’s talk about having the health of a “lemon” aka always sick, pain, having surgeries and taking medications. That was me, my husband married a lemon. That was the joke for years, I was a defective “lemon.” Over the years, I had developed a ton of genetic illnesses from my parents. I had severe IBS and reflux (my father has Chron’s Disease, reflux and IBS). I had chronic pain and fatigue (my mom has EDS III, fibromyalgia and issues with Right side of body). I was taking tons of prescriptions daily in my 20’s and 30’s. I was sick all the time, taking antibiotics, pain killers, antacids, proton-pump inhibitors (Nexium), muscle relaxants, anti-spasmodics (Bentyl) and nerve medications (Lyrica). I was literally falling apart and each medication made things worse. The joke was that being the last child (7 years after my siblings) for some reason made me a lemon. I had developed all those genetic weaknesses that my parents developed as adults. So let’s think of advanced maternal age and the developing infant. It is well known that advanced maternal age is linked to Down Syndrome and genetic anomalies. This is because as we age, our bodies develop inflammation and oxidative stress, which alters our genetic makeup including the sperm and ovum. Essentially, it triggers are bad genes to turn on and inflammation to increae. Therefore, being the product of an older than ideal sperm and ovum, I developed with a predetermined genetic makeup that was less than ideal. My body was created under the influence of oxidative stress, 40 years ago this was not know or even imagined. Then introduce, processed foods, environmental factors and more stress into the body of a developing child with a weak genetic makeup. The impact is huge, a weak body with oxidative stress and bad genes will develop into an adult with chronic health conditions. I experienced this very phenomenon, first hand. It took me 40 years of learning my body and identifying my food and environmental triggers. No Doctor was able to figure me out. I went to countless doctors over the years to identify my condition, they only patched me up with a surgery or new prescription. No one ever treated the root cause of the problem. This is the issue with western medicine, it is not designed to treat the person as a “WHOLE” or to identify the “root cause.” It is designed to apply a bandage and move to the next patient. It took my disease and my career as an Special Educator and Registered Nurse to apply my knowledge and experiences in my own healing process. Let’s make my explanation simple, I was a fragile lemon. Stress impacted my body by bruising and damaging the inside and outside. By treating the root cause, inflammation and oxidative stress, the bruising and internal damage improved progressively. Now, I am delicious lemonade instead of a sick lemon. So what does that mean for you? It is important to identify your genetic weakness, your medical predispositions, allergies and triggers. The easiest way to heal quickly is activating the Nrf2 pathway for your body to heal itself. This will remove the free radicals, toxins and oxidative stress from you body, to treat the “root cause” of your genetic weakness. Then, during the healing phase you will be able to identify your triggers and allergens to create the right diet for you. Not everyone is meant to eat everything, each individual has food sensitivities and triggers that create symptoms. It is important to pay attention to those symptoms and treat your body naturally. Embrace the power of your body and accept that symptoms are there to warn you of a problem. Don’t make my mistake and cover them up with prescriptions and surgeries. This will only wreck havoc on your body and eventually your body will spiral into illness. My holistic journey incorporated acupuncture, Nrf2 pathway activation, essential oils, yoga, exercise. I am here to support you in your journey. Let me guide you through the healing. I can relate to my clients because of my personal experiences and backgrounds to develop a holistic plan that is right for you. Schedule your FREE consultation today. You have nothing to lose, I’m here to help YOU!
My desire to help children has always been my priority throughout my career. I began helping children as a Special Education teacher and progressed into Nursing. My curiosity and interest in identifying the causes of brain disorders, developmental delays, autism and seizures in children has been ongoing. This knowledge and expertise has flourished through my career in the healthcare and educational spheres. My personal experiences with learning disability, attention problems and chronic health issues made me search for the link between these conditions. My own healing process has helped me realize the connection between chronic illness and brain disorders is real. Over the years, I have researched to determine the common factor in all of these conditions. It took me years of research and personal healing to identify the common factor. The common factor in all brain disorders, chronic illness and disease is oxidative stress. Oxidative stress is an imbalance between free radicals and our antioxidant defenses. This causes an accumulation of free radicals in the body that provoke tissue damage which leads to illness and disease. Everyone has their own genetic differences and weaknesses. As the damage in the cells continues to progress, the bodies genes are altered causing bad genes to turned on, leading to illness and disease. In my case, free radicals were related to severe food allergies. The attack on my body was constant with processed foods and damage my body significantly throughout my childhood and adult life. My food allergies changed from hives to an internal damage throughout my body that eventually turned into autoimmune disease. Throughout my childhood and adult life my diet was filled with corn and gluten filled products that wrecked havoc on my digestive tract and body. This damage impacted my memory, attention, digestion and many more aspects of my health. Now, that I am through the detox and healing phase, I realize the true impact of free radical damage throughout my life. I am more energetic, happy, active and healthy than ever before. My memory, attention, chronic pain, digestion and sleep have improved. Now, I am sharing my store to help prevent these health issues in children before their adult lives. My burning desire is to stop the struggle with pain, symptoms and disease by impacting the body with unique nutrients and diet to heal the body naturally.
Now that you understand the true impact of free radicals on the body, let’s talk about brain disorders and oxidative stress. The research shows that children with epilepsy, autism, ADHD, Cerebral Palsy have high oxidative stress. Oxidative stress impacts their bodies by impacting brain function, memory, attention and seizures. These are only a few of the possible symptoms associated with oxidative stress and free radical damage. Free radicals and oxidative stress continue to increase as we age. This damage multiplies and builds in children with these conditions increasing their symptoms and health issues as they age. These children have low antioxidants in their bodies, which makes it impossible for the body to fight the damage and repair itself. Indirect antioxidants are the only effective way to fight free radical damage and oxidative stress. These indirect antioxidants are created by the body to protect itself but children with oxidative stress are not producing enough to repair the accumulating damage. The only way to stimulate the body to produce them is by activating the Nrf2 pathway. In healthy adults, these indirect antioxidants stop being produced after 20 years of age. So, if children with disease are already low, damage is multiplying and they are aging, the oxidative stress is growing rapidly. Let’s make it simple, think of children like a bright light bulb. They were born full of energy and the light bulb was burning strong. As they age, symptoms started to arise and the light began to dim. As the light dims, free radical damage increases and the light progressively dims. Some children have so much stress that the light dims much faster. So what does that mean, children and adults with these conditions need nutrient-rich supplements to enhance their bodies defenses. Nutrients and diet are essential in maintaining the appropriate balance of elements in the body to heal and repair itself. The key to healing is nutrigenomics – the science of using nutrient-rich supplements to impact genetics. These unique elements activate bodies ability to heal and detoxify itself naturally. I am here to guide you through the process. Schedule a Free Consultation to develop a plan for you or your child.
Essential oils provide a multitude of health benefits. I used to be huge on essential oils and for some reason lost my passion. Over time, I became so preoccupied with the hustle and bustle of life and building a business that I stopped using my essential oils. I remember a year ago, I used to come home fill my infuser with oils while I was cooking. The kids would swing by the infuser and inhale some yummy vapors and critique or praise the aroma. I also used to do some deep breathing while I did some yoga a stretches. It was wonderful to smell the clean and fresh aromas in my house throughout the afternoon and evening. I lost my focus because life got in the way. I am making decision to focus again and a conscious effort to keep essential oils with me.
I attended the Holistic Health Coach course last weekend and was reminded of all the spectacular benefits of essential oils. It was very interesting to learn the benefit of certain oils in relieving symptoms, stress and anxiety. I learned the significant difference between using any oil vs. high quality pure essential oils. Some oils can be filled with pesticides or harmful chemicals. These particles enter the body causing symptoms and damage. It is important to follow directions on using oils for topical and oral use. Another interesting fact I learned was doTerra essential oils have high quality standards and research studies for their products. They also “cold press” there essential oils to ensure pureness, quality and fragrance is preserved. As a nurse, research and quality are huge requirements for supplements, food, medications, products and essential oils. I realized the importance of quality and research after my health struggles. I realized that harmful chemicals and additives were causing me symptoms and illness. It became very important to read labels for all products that I ingest or expose to my skin. I am highly allergic and sensitive to creams, lotions, soaps and even paper products. The fact that doTerra has such high quality standards, was a huge inspiration for me. I knew the importance of essential oils but had not looked into research and quality until now. During my holistic course, I was experiencing right arm pain, neck pain and migraine. I truly enjoyed the aromas from the infuser during the course. I also loved the “Deep blue” essential oil and cream. I applied the cream to my entire right arm and shoulder. The smell was subtle, clean and delicious. There were no obvious stinky muscle rub odors or strong burning sensations on my skin. My skin felt hydrated and invigorated as the cream absorbed in my skin. I also applied the oil to my temple, wrist and forearm for the migraine headache. I was pleasantly surprised during the course my arm relaxed, the tension in my muscles was relieved and my headache was gone. I didn’t take any oral medications with me, so I would typically be stuck with that headache and arm pain all day. I was very thankful because I really wanted to concentrate and learn.
Now, back to why I love essential oils. As many of you know, I suffer from anxiety and stress. Truthfully who doesn’t in the busy and crazy society. We are always balancing tons of obstacles on a daily basis and things can definitely get stressful. I use essential oils to enhance my mood, reduce stress, reduce anxiety, stomach upset, improve digestion and reduce pain. The truth is essential oils can be used for any symptoms. They can be easily integrated into your daily routine. You can use a diffuser or infuser to spread the wonderful scents in a room. You can apply them to jewelry and enjoy the benefits throughout the day. You can carry them in a bag and apply as needed. You can keep some on your nightstand or desk. Essential oils can offer you a natural alternative to those OTC prescriptions and in some cases allow you to reduce your prescription medications. Always remember medications should be reduced and weaned with the supervision of a Physician.
My favorite essential oil: Deep blue- because of the variety of powerful benefits I experienced
What is your favorite essential oil?
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia many years ago. Doctors tried a multitude of medications and injections. Nothing helped with the pain. I suffered from chronic pain and fatigue my entire life. Over the years, I have adapted my diet by identifying food triggers. I use my elimination diet and flare up diet to control my symptoms. I eliminated many foods that caused symptoms several years ago, like diary, gluten, sugar and processed foods. My symptoms continued even though they slightly improved. In 2017, everything changed for the better. I started taking little yellow pill after my friend showed me the ABC Primetime news report. I can’t claim that this is a cure, treat, mitigate or prevent disease but I can tell you the root cause of disease is oxidative stress. I researched and saw the published studies on this natural supplement and finally had hope again. I knew that the damage my body had experienced over the years due to my poor diet was going to take time to heal. I was patient taking it daily and slowly the pain and fatigue started to improve. The first thing I noticed was I woke up with energy ready to start my day. I used to drag all day long feeling exhausted and coffee didn’t help. Now, I woke up and felt rested. Then as the months past my tight muscles started to relax and my pain practically disappeared. Unbelievable right? Wrong, it is totally true, I used to live with pain 7/10 or 8/10 daily. After 3 months it was controlled at 3/10 but I still had some neuropathy on the right side of my body. Basically my right arm and leg were numb. On the 4th month something miraculous happened, the pain and neuropathy subsided. At this point, I new I had to share with my mom. My mom has the same medical history and symptoms as me, so I knew it would help her. She felt much better too after 4 months on the product. We both switched to the Vitality stack when it came out in October to incorporate omega+ and Probio into the daily routine. I still had some flare ups related to my diet and eventually increased Protandim Nrf2 to twice a day. My condition tends to trap lymphatic fluid on the right side of my body, which worsens with diet triggers and repetitive movements. Twice a day Protandim and Vitality Stack did the trick. At this point, i decided to focus on diet and learn my body more. I developed personalized stretching and relaxation techniques. I also focused on zoning in on diet changed to identify triggers. Still to this day, I find foods that trigger symptoms but the constant unbearable pain is gone. I also have energy and happiness every day. A recent food trigger was white jasmine rice, I usually don’t eat rice in the evening and if I do I hadn’t noticed this symptom. I ate rice and beans for lunch and 30 minutes later, I felt really sleepy and started yawning. That was when I realized it was the rice. It happened again today after eating snap pea chips which have rice inside them. It is not extreme tiredness like before but I know that if I accumulate these types of food in my system everything gets worse. Food triggers and diet modifications help me control my symptoms and maintain my energy level. Are you suffering from pain or fatigue? Diet is a good place to start. Though it did not resolve all my issues it definitely helps keep me in check. Another important thing to remember with Fibromyalgia is movement makes a body good. If you stay in one spot, sleeping or resting too long, pain with come. You need to keep active, exercise and stretch. The tissues actually get backed up with fluids and pain increases. I know how bad this can be. Every time I have had surgery, which is a lot, bed rest made my pain worse. You begin aching in places you never ached before. I can help you develop stretching and relaxation techniques, elimination diet and more, just ask and you shall receive. Any questions?