Food sensitivities and food allergies are a growing problem. These food sensitivities are impacting the brains of children and adults. Research shows the most common food sensitivities are: gluten, dairy, corn, sugar and artificial sweeteners. These foods are negatively impacting brain health everywhere.
Case Study: Lupus
Author: Diane Vich
Key words: Lupus, Brain Fog, Chronic Pain, Inflammation & Bloating
Vera Boss is a mom of four. She has been suffering from chronic pain, digestive issues and brain fog for many years now. She is frustrated with western medicine because none of the treatments and medications have helped her. She has seen a vicious cycle of new prescriptions and side effects. Her symptoms progressively got worse after each child. Her youngest is now 1 year old and she is so exhausted she just feels like she is not able to keep up with her. Her digestive issues and bloating have become severe and now it happens 3-5 times a week. Her headaches are also getting worse. She is desperate to find a natural alternative.
Vera is looking for alternative treatments. She has noticed her health has progressively gotten worse after each child. She wants to be there for her family and enjoy her life. It is important to her that she regain her energy and feel better. She was diagnosed with Lupus 6 months ago. She has chronic pain throughout her body. The symptoms that are really bothering her the worst are the bloating, inflammation and stomach pains. She has headaches 5 times a week and they last the entire day, sometimes more. Her joint pains are 10/10. She reports her bloating makes her look pregnant and its very painful (8/10). She is exhausted every day and needs coffee to stay awake. She sometimes drinks 5 glasses of coffee and feels it doesn’t even work very well. She often needs naps in the afternoon before she can cook dinner and play with the kids.
- Lupus is an autoimmune disorder where the body begins to fight itself. Lupus like a multitude of conditions is caused by oxidative stress and inflammation. Some symptoms are fatigue, chronic pain, headaches, memory issues and joint pain.
- Chronic Pain is caused by inflammation of the tissue causing tenderness and discomfort. In people with chronic pain the pain accumulates over time and the level of pain gets worse.
- Supplementation/Dosage: (2) Nrf2, (2) Nrf1, Omega, essential oils, Brain food supplement and (3) Probiotic. Essential oils for pain and digestion.
- Diet: High in low-sugar fruits, gluten free, high in green vegetables, beans, organ meats, bison, fish, shrimp, eggs and turkey (rare carbohydrate like cereal, cakes and dessert). No sugar or iodized salt. No inflammatory vegetables or fruits. No processed foods. Sea salt and spices to taste.
- Coaching: Recommended for 4-6 months to help with symptoms management.
- Motivation Statement: I speak up for myself freely and easily. I claim my own power and advocate for myself. I love myself. I am free and safe to be the person I want to be.
A multitude of diseases (200+) are linked to oxidative stress and inflammation. Oxidative stress is an imbalance between antioxidants and Free radicals. Patients with weight gain and inability to lose weight have high levels of free radicals in the body. They cause damage to the body on a daily basis. The body has poor capability of creating antioxidants like glutathione, catalase and SOD. These antioxidants are the only way to fight free radicals, so as they decline illness, disease and decline progressively continues through life. By enabling the body to produce antioxidants and remove toxins, they client will reduce inflammation, bloating and fat build up to promote weight loss. Lupus, digestive issues and chronic pain are all impacted by the increased inflammation throughout the body. It is essential to provide the body with nutrients that will help it fight back on a daily basis.
1 month: Vera has started the detox and supplementation plan. She is enjoying the detox soup and meal plan, specially because it has stopped the bloat. She is also happy she lost 8 pounds, her goal was to feel healthier and the weight loss makes her happy. She noticed that her headaches and joint pains were worse during first 2 weeks of detox. She reached out for some coaching to relieve her symptoms. She knew the pain and symptoms were expected and she was glad that she had a support system to help her manage them.
- Coaching Session: Vera reached out to have a tension buster session to help target her pain sites. She chose to have the session at her pool to start incorporating some gentle activities several times a week. This was important to her because she want to be able to enjoy fun activities with the kids without feeling exhausted and in pain. She noticed she felt relief and better circulation after her pool session. She committed to perform these activities at lest 4 days a week. She also enjoyed the essential oils and simple stretching to relieve her pain.
- Coaching Session : Elimination plan: Vera experienced some digestive issues, body pains and headaches on the cheat days, she asked the coach for some digestion relief suggestions. The coach added an elimination plan to determine her food sensitivities. She was able to identify her sensitivity “white rice and gluten free bread.” Her symptoms improved and she realized the importance of keeping track of her diet to identify food triggers. She was happy that she had the essential oils and natural remedies to help her if new symptoms arouse.
2 month: Vera is happy with her progress. She has avoided her food sensitivities and has seen big differences in her symptoms. She happily lost another 5 pounds. She contacted her coach 2 times during the last month to get support with food sensitivities, she identified two new foods “corn and apples”. She felt confident that she had the tools to deal with her symptoms and knew the coach was there to support her.
- Coaching Session: Vera was very happy with her progress, her pain was 6/10 and improving every day. She realized the stretching and exercise helped improve her pain significantly. After her afternoon stretch routine her pain was 4/10. She started using the exercise 5 times a week. Elimination plan: She is glad she has essential oils and natural remedies that she can keep with her all the time. Through her food trigger journal and coaching she was able to identify several foods to avoid. She realized it was important to track her symptoms. She plans on signing up for 4 months of coaching to help her to continue to monitor her food sensitivities and expand her diet plan further.
4 months: (After 4 months of coaching)
- Coaching Session: Vera successfully incorporated all the strategies for an additional 4 months coaching. She felt like a new woman. She had lost a total of 20 pounds. Her energy and memory was better. She used the brain food supplement much less now. She felt energetic and ready for anything every day. Her pain was 3/10 and relieved with exercise and stretching. She started to incorporate stretching into her daily routine and noticed big changes. After stretching and hydration her pain decreased to 1/10. She started to use 10 minutes stretches twice a day. Her headaches were almost gone, she only had a few a month. She noticed the headaches usually came with her food sensitivities and loved using the essential oils to stop the pain. Elimination plan: She continued her food journal to monitor food sensitivities. She identified several additional food triggers. She is thankful she learned to identify and treat her food sensitivities naturally. The elimination pain helped reduce her joint pains, digestive issues and headaches. She finally felt like she was able to be an active mom with her kids. She was happy that she had learned how to take care of herself.
Case Study: Fibromyalgia
Author: Diane Vich
Key words: Chronic Pain, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Anxiety
Betty Boop has suffered from chronic pain since childhood. She developed juvenile arthritis at a very young age. She was lonely as a child and enjoyed spending time with adults because there were no other kids around. She was very creative and adventurous by creating her own friend that took adventures with her. She remembered naps part of her regular routine for her since childhood. Her mom was not very nurturing or kind, likely because she was suffering from the same ailments as her daughter. This made Betty sad and often spent time alone. Betty learned to cook as a child with her grandmother and loved food. She grew to be an adult with chronic pain, anxiety, depression and arthritis. Her favorite past time was cooking meals for her family, sleep, family time and painting. She progressed in her illness to a point that the pain was unbearable and impacting her daily life. She was extremely tired every day and could sleep most of the day. She had trouble walking around alone. She often fell and was not able to stand up alone. Her chronic body pain was intense and numbness was developing in her hands and feet. She could no longer deal with the pain and symptoms. She had gone to countless Specialists and Doctors without any relief. She finally decided, it was time for Holistic treatments and diet changes. She remembered her grandmother used to use natural remedies to help her as a child. It couldn’t hurt to try something new. Western medicine had definitely failed her, it was time to find HOPE, somewhere…
Betty suffers from a variety of medical conditions. She takes medications for cholesterol, depression, nerve-damage, thyroid, blood pressure and pain. She has pain every day in her back, legs, arms, hands and feet. She often gets treatments like injections and nerve blocks to help with the pain. She is progressively losing her balance and stability. She had difficulty walking and going up the steps. The bones of her knees are severely damaged and need repair in the future. She want to regain her strength, lose weight, energy and regain her life. It is important for her to be able to spend time with the family and participate in activities. Her pain in 10/10. Her muscles are in spasm with bursitis and tender areas throughout her body. She had also gained 50 pounds over the last 6 months which has made everything worse.
- Juvenile arthritis is caused by oxidative stress. The symptoms are pain, swelling, limping, joint stiffness, fatigue and irritability. Which progress rapidly through life and.
- Chronic Pain is caused by inflammation of the tissue causing tenderness and discomfort. In people with chronic pain the pain accumulates over time and the level of pain gets worse.
- Fibromyalgia is chronic pain and chronic fatigue among other symptoms. It involves inflammation and pain throughout the body.
- Depression and Anxiety caused by oxidative stress and inflammation in the body, impacting the neurotransmitters and enzymes that support mood.
- Physician to wean her of Rx medications as symptoms after 3 month detox
- Supplementation/Dosage: (1) Nrf1, (2) Nrf2, (3) Omega, (1) vitamin D, (1) B vitamins and (3) Probiotic. Essential oils for chronic pain, mood and anxiety.
- Diet: High in low sugar fruits, gluten free, high in green vegetables, beans, organ meats, bison, fish, shrimp, eggs and turkey (rare carbohydrate like cereal, cakes and dessert). No sugar or iodized salt. No inflammatory vegetables or fruits. No precessed foods. Sea salt and spices to taste.
- Coaching: 3 months of coaching recommended
- Motivational Statement: I am willing to change and grow. I am creating a safe and new future for me.
A multitude of diseases (200+) are linked to oxidative stress and inflammation. Oxidative stress is an imbalance between antioxidants and Free radicals. Patients with chronic pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, depression and anxiety have high levels of free radicals in the body. They cause damage to the body on a daily basis. The body has poor capability of creating antioxidants like glutathione, catalase and SOD. These antioxidants are the only way to fight free radicals, so as they decline illness, disease and decline progressively continues through life.
1 month: Betty reports she has more energy. Is able to stay awake longer and not require a nap in the afternoon. Her movement is a little better. Pain 7/10 She is happy with the progress but a little bored of the diet. She had lost 8 pounds.
- Coaching Session: Betty realized that her health goal was to reduce her pain and mobility. This will improve her ability to be with the family and enjoy playtime with her grandkids. This was desperately important to her because she missed teaching and loved being around children. All of these things were important to her because they made her happy and she wanted to enjoy her life. She decided the diet was an important part of her healing and she needed to stick to it.
3 months: Betty made a few diet mistakes but was able to stick to it most of the time. She noticed she felt worse after eating processed foods and gluten products. She needed several coaching sessions to learn how to deal with her pain flare ups. She incorporate the essential oils, stretching routine and treatments. She was happy the coach was available during her first pain crisis to give her strategies to help with the symptoms. The coaching made her much more confident about her symptoms and ways to relieve them. She had lost 20 pounds.
- Coaching Session 1: Betty realized that her pain was worse and she had a headache. Her pain was 8/10. She called the coach for a face to face coaching session. The coach was able to teach her strategies to target her muscles to promote relaxation and pain relief. She taught her strategies for each of her pain areas, incorporating essential oils and the pain was relieved by the end of the session. She instructed her to continue using the treatments, oils and stretches daily for 3 more days. Before the session ended the coach reviewed Betty’s health goal: to reduce her pain and mobility. Betty felt confident and happy at the end of the session. She knew that the coach was there to help her. She knew the treatments were helping and she really needed to stick to the diet this time. She realized she needed to stick to the treatments, supplements and diet for this to work. She was motivated and ready.
- Coaching Session 2: Betty successfully incorporated all the strategies for the last month of her treatment and finally felt better. She realized it was good to incorporate the essential oils and treatments to help her with her symptoms. The support really helped her through the month. Her pain and numbness had improved. Pain 5/10 but relieved with treatments or exercise. She was highly motivated and eager to keep this healing process. She wanted to reduce her pain and improve her mobility further. She was dedicated to continuing this coaching for another 6 months to see the possibilities. She finally felt hope that she was going to be able to enjoy life again.
6 months: (After 6 months of coaching)
- Coaching Session 3: Betty successfully incorporated all the strategies for the 6 months of her treatment. She felt energized, free of pain and happy. She was able to participate in yoga and exercise regularly. She was painting again and spending time playing with the grandchildren. Her pain was 3/10 daily, relieved by her treatment regimen and essential oils. She used her oils daily and loved the benefits she experiences. She was finally able to enjoy life again. She was ready to take on new adventures and help her friends regain their lives again too. She had also stopped a bunch of her medications with her Physician. She only was taking her thyroid medication. She lost a total of 48 pounds.
My desire to help children has always been my priority throughout my career. I began helping children as a Special Education teacher and progressed into Nursing. My curiosity and interest in identifying the causes of brain disorders, developmental delays, autism and seizures in children has been ongoing. This knowledge and expertise has flourished through my career in the healthcare and educational spheres. My personal experiences with learning disability, attention problems and chronic health issues made me search for the link between these conditions. My own healing process has helped me realize the connection between chronic illness and brain disorders is real. Over the years, I have researched to determine the common factor in all of these conditions. It took me years of research and personal healing to identify the common factor. The common factor in all brain disorders, chronic illness and disease is oxidative stress. Oxidative stress is an imbalance between free radicals and our antioxidant defenses. This causes an accumulation of free radicals in the body that provoke tissue damage which leads to illness and disease. Everyone has their own genetic differences and weaknesses. As the damage in the cells continues to progress, the bodies genes are altered causing bad genes to turned on, leading to illness and disease. In my case, free radicals were related to severe food allergies. The attack on my body was constant with processed foods and damage my body significantly throughout my childhood and adult life. My food allergies changed from hives to an internal damage throughout my body that eventually turned into autoimmune disease. Throughout my childhood and adult life my diet was filled with corn and gluten filled products that wrecked havoc on my digestive tract and body. This damage impacted my memory, attention, digestion and many more aspects of my health. Now, that I am through the detox and healing phase, I realize the true impact of free radical damage throughout my life. I am more energetic, happy, active and healthy than ever before. My memory, attention, chronic pain, digestion and sleep have improved. Now, I am sharing my store to help prevent these health issues in children before their adult lives. My burning desire is to stop the struggle with pain, symptoms and disease by impacting the body with unique nutrients and diet to heal the body naturally.
Now that you understand the true impact of free radicals on the body, let’s talk about brain disorders and oxidative stress. The research shows that children with epilepsy, autism, ADHD, Cerebral Palsy have high oxidative stress. Oxidative stress impacts their bodies by impacting brain function, memory, attention and seizures. These are only a few of the possible symptoms associated with oxidative stress and free radical damage. Free radicals and oxidative stress continue to increase as we age. This damage multiplies and builds in children with these conditions increasing their symptoms and health issues as they age. These children have low antioxidants in their bodies, which makes it impossible for the body to fight the damage and repair itself. Indirect antioxidants are the only effective way to fight free radical damage and oxidative stress. These indirect antioxidants are created by the body to protect itself but children with oxidative stress are not producing enough to repair the accumulating damage. The only way to stimulate the body to produce them is by activating the Nrf2 pathway. In healthy adults, these indirect antioxidants stop being produced after 20 years of age. So, if children with disease are already low, damage is multiplying and they are aging, the oxidative stress is growing rapidly. Let’s make it simple, think of children like a bright light bulb. They were born full of energy and the light bulb was burning strong. As they age, symptoms started to arise and the light began to dim. As the light dims, free radical damage increases and the light progressively dims. Some children have so much stress that the light dims much faster. So what does that mean, children and adults with these conditions need nutrient-rich supplements to enhance their bodies defenses. Nutrients and diet are essential in maintaining the appropriate balance of elements in the body to heal and repair itself. The key to healing is nutrigenomics – the science of using nutrient-rich supplements to impact genetics. These unique elements activate bodies ability to heal and detoxify itself naturally. I am here to guide you through the process. Schedule a Free Consultation to develop a plan for you or your child.
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia many years ago. Doctors tried a multitude of medications and injections. Nothing helped with the pain. I suffered from chronic pain and fatigue my entire life. Over the years, I have adapted my diet by identifying food triggers. I use my elimination diet and flare up diet to control my symptoms. I eliminated many foods that caused symptoms several years ago, like diary, gluten, sugar and processed foods. My symptoms continued even though they slightly improved. In 2017, everything changed for the better. I started taking little yellow pill after my friend showed me the ABC Primetime news report. I can’t claim that this is a cure, treat, mitigate or prevent disease but I can tell you the root cause of disease is oxidative stress. I researched and saw the published studies on this natural supplement and finally had hope again. I knew that the damage my body had experienced over the years due to my poor diet was going to take time to heal. I was patient taking it daily and slowly the pain and fatigue started to improve. The first thing I noticed was I woke up with energy ready to start my day. I used to drag all day long feeling exhausted and coffee didn’t help. Now, I woke up and felt rested. Then as the months past my tight muscles started to relax and my pain practically disappeared. Unbelievable right? Wrong, it is totally true, I used to live with pain 7/10 or 8/10 daily. After 3 months it was controlled at 3/10 but I still had some neuropathy on the right side of my body. Basically my right arm and leg were numb. On the 4th month something miraculous happened, the pain and neuropathy subsided. At this point, I new I had to share with my mom. My mom has the same medical history and symptoms as me, so I knew it would help her. She felt much better too after 4 months on the product. We both switched to the Vitality stack when it came out in October to incorporate omega+ and Probio into the daily routine. I still had some flare ups related to my diet and eventually increased Protandim Nrf2 to twice a day. My condition tends to trap lymphatic fluid on the right side of my body, which worsens with diet triggers and repetitive movements. Twice a day Protandim and Vitality Stack did the trick. At this point, i decided to focus on diet and learn my body more. I developed personalized stretching and relaxation techniques. I also focused on zoning in on diet changed to identify triggers. Still to this day, I find foods that trigger symptoms but the constant unbearable pain is gone. I also have energy and happiness every day. A recent food trigger was white jasmine rice, I usually don’t eat rice in the evening and if I do I hadn’t noticed this symptom. I ate rice and beans for lunch and 30 minutes later, I felt really sleepy and started yawning. That was when I realized it was the rice. It happened again today after eating snap pea chips which have rice inside them. It is not extreme tiredness like before but I know that if I accumulate these types of food in my system everything gets worse. Food triggers and diet modifications help me control my symptoms and maintain my energy level. Are you suffering from pain or fatigue? Diet is a good place to start. Though it did not resolve all my issues it definitely helps keep me in check. Another important thing to remember with Fibromyalgia is movement makes a body good. If you stay in one spot, sleeping or resting too long, pain with come. You need to keep active, exercise and stretch. The tissues actually get backed up with fluids and pain increases. I know how bad this can be. Every time I have had surgery, which is a lot, bed rest made my pain worse. You begin aching in places you never ached before. I can help you develop stretching and relaxation techniques, elimination diet and more, just ask and you shall receive. Any questions?
I am very grateful to God for reuniting me with the Mother of one of my Special Education Students again. I was able to reunite with the mother of Robert Alfonso Murguia Clark. Alfonso is known well and loved by many. I remember him as my student and the seizures he used to experience in school and the visits to the school nurse. I also cared for Alfonso during seizure episodes as a bedside nurse many years ago in the Pediatric Emergency Room. I love the passion and compassion Elsa Murguia Clark has shown toward other families in need of assistance with their special needs child. She is doing a fantastic job educating and helping families obtain resources for their children experiencing medical and educational necessities for their children. Over my career as a special educator, nurse and nurse educator I have researched and learned the impact of stress and disease on children and adults impacting their health and development. I started my journey with a yearning to find the causing factor of all these developmental delays and their relationship with medical diagnosis. I was a child with learning disabilities, attention issues and many chronic health issues. I grew to become an adult with memory and chronic health issues. Through, my research I found the common factor in developmental delays, illness and disease to be oxidative stress and inflammation in the body. I began using a product with 23 Published studies on the benefits of reducing this inflammation and stress in the body naturally. I can’t claim that this is a cure, treat, mitigate or prevent disease but I can tell you the root cause of disease is oxidative stress. I have seen it benefit a variety of clients with attention disorders, autism, epilepsy, diabetes, cancer, fibromyalgia to name a few. I began using the product little yellow pill myself 1 year ago and found a reduction in pain, inflammation and digestive issue. I also found some interesting improvements in memory, focus, attention, depression and anxiety. This brought me to the realization that I needed to spread the word, so that others can make the decision for themselves and their families. Thank you for the opportunity to share the product that changed my life. I once again thank Elsa for helping so many families in need to Access services for their children. She is creating a wonderful support community.
Homenaje de Miami-Dade y Monroe Condados – Family Friendly Hands
Estoy muy agradecido con Dios por reunirme nuevamente con la Madre de uno de mis Estudiantes de Educación Especial. Pude reunirme con la madre de Robert Alfonso Murguia Clark. Alfonso es conocido y querido por muchos. Lo recuerdo como mi alumno y las convulsiones que solía experimentar en la escuela y las visitas a la enfermera de la escuela. También me preocupé por Alfonso durante los episodios de convulsiones como enfermera de cabecera hace muchos años en la sala de emergencias pediátricas. Me encanta la pasión y la compasión que Elsa Murguia Clark ha demostrado hacia otras familias que necesitan ayuda con su hijo con necesidades especiales. Ella está haciendo un trabajo fantástico educando y ayudando a las familias a obtener recursos para que sus hijos experimenten necesidades médicas y educativas para sus hijos. A lo largo de mi carrera como educadora especial, enfermera y educadora de enfermería, he investigado y aprendido el impacto del estrés y la enfermedad en niños y adultos que afectan su salud y desarrollo. Comencé mi viaje con un anhelo de encontrar el factor causante de todos estos retrasos en el desarrollo y su relación con el diagnóstico médico. Yo era un niño con problemas de aprendizaje, problemas de atención y muchos problemas crónicos de salud. Crecí para convertirme en un adulto con problemas de memoria y de salud crónica. A través de mi investigación, encontré que el factor común en los retrasos en el desarrollo, la enfermedad y la enfermedad es el estrés oxidativo y la inflamación en el cuerpo. Comencé a usar un producto con 23 estudios publicados sobre los beneficios de reducir esta inflamación y estrés en el cuerpo de forma natural. He visto que beneficia a una variedad de clientes con trastornos de atención, autismo, epilepsia, diabetes, cáncer, fibromialgia, por nombrar algunos. No puedo afirmar que esto es una cura, tratar, mitigar o prevenir una enfermedad, pero puedo decirle que la raíz de la enfermedad es el estrés oxidativo. Empecé a usar el producto una pequeña pastilla amarilla hace 1 año y encontré una reducción en el dolor, la inflamación y el problema digestivo. También encontré algunas mejoras interesantes en la memoria, el enfoque, la atención, la depresión y la ansiedad. Esto me llevó a darme cuenta de que necesitaba difundir el mensaje para que otros pudieran tomar la decisión por sí mismos y por sus familias. Gracias por la oportunidad de hablar sobre el producto que me cambio la vida. Una vez más, agradezco a Elsa por ayudar a tantas familias necesitadas a acceder a servicios para sus hijos. Ella está creando una maravillosa comunidad.
The struggle with Stress and anxiety is a common struggle. I found the little yellow pill 1 year ago and my life started to change. Depression, anxiety and panic attacks are real and difficult to control. Getting to the root cause of the problem is targeting oxidative stress. Watch me talk about my stress, anxiety and panic attacks.
Watch me explain my health journey. I decided to find the right nutrients and supplements for my body. It was a long journey that finally reduced my chronic pain, migraines, IBS and more.
Nutrigenomics is the science of using nutrient-rich compounds to impact your weight. Watch how it works…
Did you know poor diet causes oxidative stress? Neither did I. In childhood and adolescence I ate junk all the time, thus in my 20’s I was diagnosed with autoimmune disease. That was oxidative stress that broke up cells throughout my body involving all my body systems. Let me help you battle oxidative stress before chronic illness begins. I feel amazing at 40, healthier, happier and pain-free. Take NRF2 to fight the constant battle.