Love your body, seems simple right. Well it truly is a complex process, there is nothing simple about it. Learning your body can take months or even years to achieve. It took me 20+ years in a constant health struggle to decide; there had to be a better way to Love my body. I was oblivious to the potential my body had to offer, the gifts I was given and the path my journey would take me. I wasted years eating the wrong foods, hiding my emotional/physical pain and avoiding physical activities. This constant physical assault on my body caused my physical and emotional illness to develop and my self-love to diminish. Over the past 5 years, I learned the foods that were optimal for my body, the physical activities that made me heal, the importance of caring for yourself, and the optimal routine to maintain my health. My true understanding of my body came over the past year. Finally, I was free of pain and able to feel and understand the messages my body was sending. I became aware of the tension forming in my muscles, when stress was at its peak. I realized that taking the time to address this tension early on, helped prevent the development of severe pain and helped maintain a state of homeostasis or balance. I learned to develop techniques and strategies to promote my daily healing, detox, muscle relaxation, repair and rejuvenation. I learned that there is a huge connection between physical and emotional pain. This fact made me more aware of emotional stress and its impact on my body. I was able to incorporate relaxation and stress relief into my routine to reduce the impact stress had on my body. Over this year, I developed my tension-buster routine, its unique for my body, my tension and my pain. But the fun fact is, it can be adapted and developed to help others achieve the same benefits. I learned to use my environment, gravity and body weight to stretch each and every muscle in my body. I learned to feel the tension in each muscle and learn ways to release the stress, toxins and tension from each one. Wether the pain is in your shoulder or your leg, our muscles are all interconnected and effective stretching needs to target this complex muscle network. I learned that my bodies weakness is toxins and poor circulation. My techniques help me optimize my bodies potential to release these toxins and enhance my circulation to reduce inflammation, stress and pain more effectively. The best benefit of my tension-buster routine and health journey, was rediscovering my libido. My libido had gone, completely dormant for 10-15 years, due to my severe illness and build up of toxins. It was an amazing benefit to see that all the work and effort I put into healing my body, helped me reap such powerful physical and emotional benefits. Over the past few months, I further adapted my routine to include Kegel Yoga. This Kegel Yoga routine is specifically designed for women to enhance libido, improve vaginal muscle strength and improve orgasms. This yoga is part of my daily routine and the benefits are outstanding. I am thankful that my friends and peers are now seeing the benefits of the courses, I offer. Kegel Yoga is designed to help women develop an intimate relationship with their bodies, combining the tension-buster yoga with kegel strengthening to enhance and reengage sexual desires. So, there it is, if you want to learn your body and reconnect with its unique abilities, give me a call. I am here to share my routines with you, in groups or private sessions. Learn to love your body, feel it, experience and achieve all you desire. Book an appointment, today, what are you waiting for?
Case Study: Weight Loss & Inflammation
Case Study: Weight Loss
Author: Diane Vich
Key words: Weight loss, Inflammation & Bloating
Lourdes Mogal is a mom of two. She has tried countless diets and her weight will not come off. She has a big vacation coming up and would like to shed some weight before the trip. She is frustrated that diets are not working for her. She also has some digestive issues and bloating with certain foods. She is motivated and ready to start her plan right away, the clock is ticking.
Lourdes does not have time to incorporate exercise yet but really wants to establish a healthier eating plan. She wants to lose 15-20 pounds in the next 2 months. She is highly motivated and ready to start her detox plan.
- Weight gain and inability to lose weight is caused by oxidative stress, inflammation, cortisol levels and insulin resistance in the body, impacting the body’s ability to burn fat lose weight. The treatment plan will provide a diet that will enable to diet to reduce sugar and inflammation build up, promote detox, remove fluid buildup in lymphatic system and promote weight loss.
- Supplementation/Dosage: (2) Nrf2, (2) fat burners twice a day, essential oils and (3) Probiotic.
- Diet: High in low sugar fruits, gluten free, high in green vegetables, beans, organ meats, bison, fish, shrimp, eggs and turkey (rare carbohydrate like cereal, cakes and dessert). No sugar or iodized salt. No inflammatory vegetables or fruits. No processed foods. Sea salt and spices to taste.
Coaching: 2 months of coaching recommended
- Motivation statement: My thinking is peaceful, calm and centered. I am ready to take on the obstacles before me.
A multitude of diseases (200+) are linked to oxidative stress and inflammation. Oxidative stress is an imbalance between antioxidants and Free radicals. Patients with weight gain and inability to lose weight have high levels of free radicals in the body. They cause damage to the body on a daily basis. The body has poor capability of creating antioxidants like glutathione, catalase and SOD. These antioxidants are the only way to fight free radicals, so as they decline illness, disease and decline progressively continues through life. By enabling the body to produce antioxidants and remove toxins, they client will reduce inflammation, bloating and fat build up to promote weight loss.
1 month: Lourdes has started the detox plan. She is enjoying the detox soup and meals. She is motivated to lose weight for her trip. She noticed that she experienced some bloating after a few meals. She reached out for some coaching to relieve her symptoms.
- Coaching Session: Lourdes health goal is to lose weight for her trip. This will improve her ability to feel better about herself and be happy in her own skin. This was desperately important to her because she has been sad and depressed that she has not been able to lose weight. All of these things were important to her because she will be happier, and motivated to enjoy her life. She decided the diet and treatment plan is going to help her achieve her goals. Elimination plan: After her digestive issues, she asked the coach for some digestion relief suggestions. The coach added essential oils for digestion and an elimination plan to determine her food sensitivities. She was able to identify “tomato and black pepper sensitivity.” Her symptoms improved and she realized the importance of keeping these ingredients out of her meals. She was happy that she had the essential oils and tips to help her if new problems arouse. Craving support: She will continue to call in weekly for support and to deal with temptations and cravings. She knows that she has trouble dealing with temptation at parties and asked her coach if she could reach out during these times for a little motivation.
2 month: Lourdes was so motivated to the plan that she did not even use any of her cheat days. She did not want to eat any carbs because she really wanted to reach her goal quickly. She contacted her coach 3 times during the last month to get support during times of temptation and some food sensitivities. She felt confident that she had the tools to deal with her temptations and she kept on the diet even at parties. She lost 20 pounds.
- Coaching Session: Lourdes was happy with her progress. She did realize the support was important and wanted to continue with a Maintenance plan after her vacation. Elimination plan: She is glad she has essential oils and natural remedies that she can keep with her all the time. Through her food trigger journal and coaching she was able to identify some additional foods to avoid. She realized raspberries and mixed fancy green salad caused her symptoms. She plans on signing up for 6 months of coaching to help her incorporate some paleo recipes in her routine, to keep her satisfied and meet her desire for some desserts. She signed up for some shopping, easy workout sessions and cooking lessons. Lourdes really wanted to learn to make healthier desserts and snacks, in order to maintain her weight loss.
6 months: (After 6 months of coaching)
- Coaching Session: Lourdes successfully incorporated all the strategies for the 6 months of her coaching. She felt energized and happy. Elimination plan: She continued her food journal to monitor food sensitivities. She identified two more triggers during her maintenance plan. She identified apples and watermelons were trigger foods. She is glad that she has the tools to identify, treat and deal with her food sensitivities. She was able to participate in yoga and exercise regularly. She truly enjoyed the quick exercise tips because she was able to do them wherever she was to ensure she was active. She loved the shopping session because she truly understood how to read food labels, buy foods that were right for her body and eat for her blood type. The cooking lessons helped her learn the benefits of using a variety of herbs to enhance food flavors and enjoy her healthy eating habits. Lourdes felt excited and ready for new challenges. She maintained her weight loss and successfully incorporated all the strategies she learned for the 6 months.
Case Study: Fibromyalgia
Case Study: Fibromyalgia
Author: Diane Vich
Key words: Chronic Pain, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Anxiety
Betty Boop has suffered from chronic pain since childhood. She developed juvenile arthritis at a very young age. She was lonely as a child and enjoyed spending time with adults because there were no other kids around. She was very creative and adventurous by creating her own friend that took adventures with her. She remembered naps part of her regular routine for her since childhood. Her mom was not very nurturing or kind, likely because she was suffering from the same ailments as her daughter. This made Betty sad and often spent time alone. Betty learned to cook as a child with her grandmother and loved food. She grew to be an adult with chronic pain, anxiety, depression and arthritis. Her favorite past time was cooking meals for her family, sleep, family time and painting. She progressed in her illness to a point that the pain was unbearable and impacting her daily life. She was extremely tired every day and could sleep most of the day. She had trouble walking around alone. She often fell and was not able to stand up alone. Her chronic body pain was intense and numbness was developing in her hands and feet. She could no longer deal with the pain and symptoms. She had gone to countless Specialists and Doctors without any relief. She finally decided, it was time for Holistic treatments and diet changes. She remembered her grandmother used to use natural remedies to help her as a child. It couldn’t hurt to try something new. Western medicine had definitely failed her, it was time to find HOPE, somewhere…
Betty suffers from a variety of medical conditions. She takes medications for cholesterol, depression, nerve-damage, thyroid, blood pressure and pain. She has pain every day in her back, legs, arms, hands and feet. She often gets treatments like injections and nerve blocks to help with the pain. She is progressively losing her balance and stability. She had difficulty walking and going up the steps. The bones of her knees are severely damaged and need repair in the future. She want to regain her strength, lose weight, energy and regain her life. It is important for her to be able to spend time with the family and participate in activities. Her pain in 10/10. Her muscles are in spasm with bursitis and tender areas throughout her body. She had also gained 50 pounds over the last 6 months which has made everything worse.
- Juvenile arthritis is caused by oxidative stress. The symptoms are pain, swelling, limping, joint stiffness, fatigue and irritability. Which progress rapidly through life and.
- Chronic Pain is caused by inflammation of the tissue causing tenderness and discomfort. In people with chronic pain the pain accumulates over time and the level of pain gets worse.
- Fibromyalgia is chronic pain and chronic fatigue among other symptoms. It involves inflammation and pain throughout the body.
- Depression and Anxiety caused by oxidative stress and inflammation in the body, impacting the neurotransmitters and enzymes that support mood.
- Physician to wean her of Rx medications as symptoms after 3 month detox
- Supplementation/Dosage: (1) Nrf1, (2) Nrf2, (3) Omega, (1) vitamin D, (1) B vitamins and (3) Probiotic. Essential oils for chronic pain, mood and anxiety.
- Diet: High in low sugar fruits, gluten free, high in green vegetables, beans, organ meats, bison, fish, shrimp, eggs and turkey (rare carbohydrate like cereal, cakes and dessert). No sugar or iodized salt. No inflammatory vegetables or fruits. No precessed foods. Sea salt and spices to taste.
- Coaching: 3 months of coaching recommended
- Motivational Statement: I am willing to change and grow. I am creating a safe and new future for me.
A multitude of diseases (200+) are linked to oxidative stress and inflammation. Oxidative stress is an imbalance between antioxidants and Free radicals. Patients with chronic pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, depression and anxiety have high levels of free radicals in the body. They cause damage to the body on a daily basis. The body has poor capability of creating antioxidants like glutathione, catalase and SOD. These antioxidants are the only way to fight free radicals, so as they decline illness, disease and decline progressively continues through life.
1 month: Betty reports she has more energy. Is able to stay awake longer and not require a nap in the afternoon. Her movement is a little better. Pain 7/10 She is happy with the progress but a little bored of the diet. She had lost 8 pounds.
- Coaching Session: Betty realized that her health goal was to reduce her pain and mobility. This will improve her ability to be with the family and enjoy playtime with her grandkids. This was desperately important to her because she missed teaching and loved being around children. All of these things were important to her because they made her happy and she wanted to enjoy her life. She decided the diet was an important part of her healing and she needed to stick to it.
3 months: Betty made a few diet mistakes but was able to stick to it most of the time. She noticed she felt worse after eating processed foods and gluten products. She needed several coaching sessions to learn how to deal with her pain flare ups. She incorporate the essential oils, stretching routine and treatments. She was happy the coach was available during her first pain crisis to give her strategies to help with the symptoms. The coaching made her much more confident about her symptoms and ways to relieve them. She had lost 20 pounds.
- Coaching Session 1: Betty realized that her pain was worse and she had a headache. Her pain was 8/10. She called the coach for a face to face coaching session. The coach was able to teach her strategies to target her muscles to promote relaxation and pain relief. She taught her strategies for each of her pain areas, incorporating essential oils and the pain was relieved by the end of the session. She instructed her to continue using the treatments, oils and stretches daily for 3 more days. Before the session ended the coach reviewed Betty’s health goal: to reduce her pain and mobility. Betty felt confident and happy at the end of the session. She knew that the coach was there to help her. She knew the treatments were helping and she really needed to stick to the diet this time. She realized she needed to stick to the treatments, supplements and diet for this to work. She was motivated and ready.
- Coaching Session 2: Betty successfully incorporated all the strategies for the last month of her treatment and finally felt better. She realized it was good to incorporate the essential oils and treatments to help her with her symptoms. The support really helped her through the month. Her pain and numbness had improved. Pain 5/10 but relieved with treatments or exercise. She was highly motivated and eager to keep this healing process. She wanted to reduce her pain and improve her mobility further. She was dedicated to continuing this coaching for another 6 months to see the possibilities. She finally felt hope that she was going to be able to enjoy life again.
6 months: (After 6 months of coaching)
- Coaching Session 3: Betty successfully incorporated all the strategies for the 6 months of her treatment. She felt energized, free of pain and happy. She was able to participate in yoga and exercise regularly. She was painting again and spending time playing with the grandchildren. Her pain was 3/10 daily, relieved by her treatment regimen and essential oils. She used her oils daily and loved the benefits she experiences. She was finally able to enjoy life again. She was ready to take on new adventures and help her friends regain their lives again too. She had also stopped a bunch of her medications with her Physician. She only was taking her thyroid medication. She lost a total of 48 pounds.
5 Foods to Fit into that Special Dress
No one likes a diet, it feels like torture sometimes. I live a healthy lifestyle and usually eat a variety of fruits and vegetables but life always gets in the way. Sometimes you feel a little bloated or heavy which impacts your self esteem. I know how it feels when you are bloated and retaining fluids, it is hard to fit into that special outfit. It can creep up on you suddenly. There are some foods that trigger inflammation in people. Each individual is unique and needs to learn their own body and sensitivities in order to stop the vicious cycle. Sugar and carbohydrates are a big culprit of this dilema women face regularly. Our bodies were not created to eat so much sugar and carbohydrates. The processed foods we eat are filled with chemicals, preservatives and sugar. These foods are harder to digest and create inflammation in the body. Inflammation equals bloating and fluid retention. Many people struggle to lose weight and the fact is they are eating foods that are not ideal for their own body. I can help you find those foods and empower you to embrace the difference it makes. But this is a simple challenge to fit into a dress, right. So, lets get to business.
There is a way to quickly combat the bloat and detox your body to fit into that little black dress.
- Drinking ginger and lemon water every day. Ginger and lemon help remove toxins, promote urination and detox the body.
- Add berries to your morning smoothie.
- Season your food with Garlic, Rosemary and Turmeric. or Drink turmeric and chamomile tea.
- Eat cucumber with your meals.
- Eat some celery and almond butter for a snack.
Detox Ginger Water
2 ginger root cut into pieces
4 lemons squeezed
Stevia or Honey to taste
Blend the ginger, lemon juice and honey with water. Fill the blender with water. Pour the contents into a pitcher, add more water and let it sit overnight. Strain the liquid in the morning and pour ½ cup into a glass. Add ½ cup of water and enjoy.
The ginger water will help detox your body. Ginger helps with digestion, nausea, cold symptoms, inflammation, cancer, cardiovascular issues, arthritis, pain, menstrual disorders and much more.
So now you are ready to add some healthy foods into your routine to fight the bloat. Don’t forget the processed foods will counter effect your efforts. So stay away from processed food and liquor for now. The day of the event enjoy yourself in that Sexy little dress.